On behalf of children, staff and governors, I would like to welcome you and your child to Camestone School.
This website aims to give you information about our school and the education we can offer your child. I hope it will be a useful source of information throughout your child’s time with us.
Camestone School is a happy, lively place where everyone is expected to work hard, try their best and achieve their full potential. We believe in a strong relationship between home and school and that working together with families is the best way to ensure success for the children.
Our Ofsted report (April 2017) stated:
- Camestone is a ‘Good’ school.
- The school is well led. The headteacher, other school leaders and governors share a determination to see the school continue to improve.
- Standards from Reception to Year 4 are rising because of improvements in tasks given to pupils and how they are taught.
- Skilled subject leaders drive improvements in the quality of teaching and pupils learning.
- The quality of teaching is good. Teachers and teaching assistants form an effective team.
- Regular and thorough checks of pupils progress ensure that any falling behind are quickly spotted and changes made so they catch up.
- Camestone is inclusive; everyone is treated fairly and equally.
- Pupils personal development is strong. They enjoy working together and helping one another. The school promotes their happiness, self-esteem and mental health effectively.
- Pupils behaviour is good. They respond positively to the key values and golden rules that permeate every aspect of school life. They say they feel happy and safe at school. Parents agree.
If you are a prospective parent we do hope that you will be able to visit us and experience our commitment to creating a caring and supportive atmosphere throughout the school.
Mr. Paul Stanyard
Our thought for the week is
Our value this half term is